2. How can my child attend Sunningdale School?


  • Children attending Sunningdale must have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP)
  • In order for you child to receive an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) you will need to contact your child’s health worker, Portage worker, other relevant professional or SENCo if they are at a school or nursery to initiate this process.


The process will involve:


  • An assessment by all the professionals involved with your child. Each professional will write a report about the child’s needs.
  • An invitation to parents to visit different schools/settings. Parents will be asked to write their views about their child’s needs.
  • All reports are submitted to the SEN department and a panel of professionals decides on the ‘setting’ and the type of support required to meet your child’s needs.
  • The issuing of a proposed EHCP if professionals agree one is required.  This will provide details about the child’s needs and the support required.  Once professionals/parents agrees the EHCP is accurate a final version will be issued.