6. How will I know my child is making progress at Sunningdale School?
- All children are assessed within their first two weeks of attending Sunningdale.
- Teachers track the progress of children using PIVATS assessment tool.
- Teachers track the progress of children in nursery and reception using Early Years Goals.
All pupils are assessed at the end of each academic year using PIVATS.
- All pupils in reception are assessed using Early Years Profile.
- In addition to using the Early years Profile children in the EYFS are assessed using the Derbyshire scheme which breaks learning down in to smaller achievable areas for assessment.
- We encourage parents to help set annual targets by meeting with their child’s teacher early in the autumn term.
- Parents are invited to an end of year parents evening to share information about their child’s progress.
- Every child has a statement/ Education Health Care Plan; it is statutory that they have a minimum of one annual review meeting per year with parents and other professionals invited with a report provided from school and professionals.
- At Sunningdale School we have an open door policy. There are frequent opportunities to look at your child’s work or speak to your child’s teacher (appointments only).
- Homework ideas are sent home for you to support your child to transfer skills between home and school.