9. What training do staff have who support my child at Sunningdale School?
- All staff are trained in Makaton signing, Moving and Assisiting, Feeding Assistant, PECSs (Picture Exchange Communication System), using Widgit symbols and Safeguarding.
- Some staff are trained in other communication systems such as Intensive Interaction and SCERT’s.
- Some staff are medically trained (gastrostromy feeds, epilepsy, first aiders, paedriatric trained) to enable your child to access the curriculum.
- A number of staff across the school are trained in specific therapies (light room, sound, hydro and life guard).
- Training is regularly updated. All staff have their own personal training targets identified on an annual basis.