Schools play an essential role in protecting children from abuse. Staff have close, regular contact with children and young people. They're in a strong position to:
· identify child protection concerns early
· provide help and support
· help children understand how to stay safe from abuse
· refer a child to relevant agencies
Schools have a statutory duty to protect children in their care. At Sunningdale we have:
· a child protection policy
· child protection procedures
· a designated lead for child protection – Currently the Head Teacher, Mrs C Wright, and Deputy Head Teacher
(Designated Deputy Safeguarding Lead), Mr J Waller.
· safe recruitment processes
The school environment must be a safe place for children. We undertake checks and induction procedures to ensure that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don't pose a risk to children.
All staff receive training in how to identify and respond to child protection concerns.
If you would like to report a safeguarding concern regarding a pupil, family or staff member please contact the Deputy or Designated Safeguarding lead on 0191 528 0440
Please download our Child Protection Policy here >>